Sunday, April 11, 2010
Zero X (electric dirt bikes) 2010
With instant acceleration and a total weight of 151 pounds, the Zero X is a high performance electric motorcycle that takes technical trail riding to the next level. Using Zero’s patented Z-Force™ technology and boasting 50 ft-lbs of torque, this stealthy motorcycle will send you racing up hills, flying over jumps, and cutting through streams. The Zero X is built from the ground up for quick handling and maneuverability. Custom valved suspension, direct drive gearing and weight optimized components allow riders to master demanding terrain. Lightweight, silent and quick, the Zero X opens up trail riding possibilities that would otherwise be out of the question. To extend ride times customers have the option to purchase an extra power pack that can be swapped with a quick pit stop.
The Zero X starts at $7,495 for the X Sport and $9,295 for the X Extreme. Some countries or states may offer incentives. Consumer financing is available in the United States for those who qualify. The motorcycle can be purchased online now and will begin shipping in the United States at the end of March. The Zero X comes with a2-year limited warranty.
* Type: Brushed permanent magnet electric
* Torque: 50 ft-lbs (67.7 Nm)
* Peak horsepower: 23 horsepower
* Peak electrical input: 17,400 watts
* Type: Patent-pending lithium ion array
* Capacity: 2 kWh (58volts @ 35Ah)
* Range: Up to 2 hours or 40 miles (64 km)
* Recharge time: Less than 2 hours
* Input: Standard 110V or 220V