Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Making lots of Money with Ads on a blog, Can it be done?


In general, I think those days are long gone due to the amount of people now blogging and advertising. It sounds ironic, because the mass amount of people blogging is a huge viewer ship for our eyes to see advertisements. Almost everyone I know who blogs has a Google Ad Sense, Amazon, or both on their site's side bars. It's Advertisement flooding. Most people who read blogs, have blogs, and have ads of their own, so they don't click on the Ads on other peoples blogs. As much as I read blogs, I've never clicked on a google Ad once, let alone purchased anything from one of their ads. No Amazon either. If I want something from Amazon, I know their website, and I know how to search for what it is I want specifically. Maybe I'm just not all that into Ads. I take it back. When I first got my blog going, I clicked on Google Ad Sense, and Amazon, to get their gizmos on my site. By the advise of some people I’ve read posts on to boost your rank, and traffic, the less cluttered your site is with nonsense ads, the more likely people will come back to visit your site. So, I've since removed them. I might put them back on someday. My traffic has increased substantially. The more I blog, the more content is out there to hit on through Google searches, etc. I don’t really think it has anything to do with having or not having Ads. on your site. Plus if I have more traffic from not having Ads., what difference does more traffic make?
I must admit, I do check my stats from time to time just out of curiosity, but the longer I blog, the more traffic I get, & the less I seem to be caring about stats, and trying to make money blogging.

Quite honestly the only thing I've ever purchased through a blog is a really cool Sturgis T-shirt that I got from The Beach Cruiser. Had it been on a Google Ad Sense Ad, or Amazon Ad in the side bar of their blog, I would have never looked at it, let alone purchased the shirt. I saw it through their Sturgis Store because it was a post, not a side bar advertisement. Side bar advertisements seem a little over rated to me. I could be wrong, but have chatted with some pretty big players in the blogging world, and they seem to sometimes have trouble making any dough doing this as well. Let me know if I'm wrong here. Hell, I'd love to be wrong on this one. I'd love for someone to tell me how I can make all this money blogging without it becomming my new full time job. Just some side mulah would be nice.

For now, I’m going to continue blogging for free and as a hobby. I make nothing doing this, but its fun, & entertaining.
I hope you all enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy reading yours. Because of blogging, I get to talk with some of the greatest people on this planet (for free).

Are any of you making any money???? If so, I’d love to hear about it.

Disclaimer…..If anyone wants to give me money, I’ll gladly take it!
LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment