Wednesday, June 30, 2010
2010 Suzuki SFV 650 Gladius
Destined to those who just approach riding, the new Gladius not only impresses through the way it looks, but with the help of a low seat (only 30.9 inches from the ground) and a fuel-injected, twin plug head engine, which is tuned for low-to-mid range torque.
Production costs were kept as low as possible and that implies a little bit of sacrifice on the weight chapter. For example, the trellis frame is made out of steel instead of aluminum. That brings a significant contribution to the 446 lbs wet weight that doesn’t do the Gladius that much good.
* Engine: 645 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90 V-Twin
* Bore Stroke: 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm
* Compression Ratio: 11.5 : 1
* Fuel System: Fuel Injection
* Lubrication: Wet sump
* Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
* Starter: Electric
* Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
* Primary Drive Ratio: 2.088 (71/34)
* Final Drive Ratio: 3.067 (46/15)