Sunday, February 4, 2007

Postcards From the Edge-Going to the Sun Highway


One of the finest motorcycle rides in my neck of the woods is The Going To The Sun Highway in Glacier National Park in Montana.
Recently at a swap meet I was thumbing through some post cards and found this one which seems to be from the 50's or 60's showing the road in all its glory.
I have been through this pass before on my motorcycle and intend to do it again this year, last time I was not interested in taking photos, just cruising through and enjoying the ride.
Next time through I intend to stop and smell the roses, as they say, and take more pictures to record what a marvel this road through Logan Pass is.
If you are interested in taking this ride through a National Park you can enter the pass from the east using US 89 or from the south using US 2, and you will be treated to some of the nicest mountain scenery to be found anywhere. Last time through there was a lot of car and camper traffic but it did not dampen the majesty of the ride as only a fool would try to rip through there on a crotch rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment