Powered by a new air-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC 2-valve single-cylinder engine which is characterized by its strong torque in the mid-to low-speed range, the Nouvo is designed and engineered by Yamaha to answer the needs of the ASEAN market in all aspects.
- An easy to use SOHC 115cc engine with CVT - The engine features a 50 x 57.9mm bore x stroke and a compression ratio of 8.8:1 that puts out a max. power output of 6.54kW/8,000rpm and a max. torque of 8.63N-m/7,000 rpm. These performance specs ensure a comfortable ride and lively performance in stop-and-go urban traffic conditions.
- The Nouvo uses Mikuni BS25/1 type carburetor to ensure good response, performance and combustion efficiency of the engine.
- 16-inch wheels front and rear - To provide good running performance even on poor road surfaces, this fact is based on extensive studies of conditions of use in the ASEAN region by Yamaha R&D team.
- New-design frame with moped-level rigidity - These design will optimizing the balance of the caster, trail and fork offset so that it can give a great straight-line stability and nimble handling.
After a huge success in the Asean markets, Yamaha Motor Company in Vietnam has release a new edition model for their market in 2007, this model known as Yamaha Nouvo Limited. It features newly design V-shape headlight and newly body stripes but the engine specification is still remain the same with all Nouvo series that available. This model only comes with two colors design - White Wolf and Black Knight.
* Model code: 5LW1
* Engine: SOHC 2-valve 4-stroke 115cc Air-cooled engine
* Cylinder arrangement: Forward-inclined single cylinder
* Displacement: 113.7 cc
* Max power: 6.54 kW (8.9 PS) @ 8,000 rpm
* Max torque: 8.63 Nm @ 7,000 rpm
* Max speed: 120 km/h
* Bore x stroke: 50 x 57.9 mm
* Compression ratio: 8 . 8 : 1
* Transmission: Stepless, V-belt drive
* Clutch: Dry and centrifugal automatic
* Frame Type: Steel tube, Underbone
* Suspension (Front): Telescopic
* Suspension (Rear): Swingarm twin-tube shock absorber
* Brake (Front): Single-piston disc
* Brake (Rear): Drum
* Dry weight: 96 / 101 kg
* Tires: 70/90-16 / 80/90-16 Sport rims with tubeless tires
* Fuel tank capacity: 4.9 liter
* Overall length x width x height: 1,935 x 675 x 1,070 mm
* Seat height: 755 mm
* Wheelbase: 1,280 mm
* Minimum ground clearance: 135 mm
Article by : wikipedia.org